Chiropractic is based on the scientific fact that the nervous system, your brain and spinal cord, controls the function of every other system, cell, tissue and organ of your body. Your body is much like the Internet: the brain is your computer, your spinal cord is the information highway, your spinal vertebrae house the nerves, arteries and veins, which are the links to your organs, such as the heart, lungs, intestines and reproductive organs. The disruption of the function of these tissues or organs and the nerve control is called VSC or Vertebral Subluxation Complex. Chiropractic is the science of finding these areas of spinal malfunction, the art of correcting them and the philosophy of all things natural as they have been created.
Our doctor masters the adjusting “art” of chiropractic. This includes a comprehensive evaluation, a review of health history, and arrival at a clear diagnosis and recommended specific treatment plan, customized for each patient. This plan includes specific spinal adjustments. Adjustment describes many hundreds of ways and techniques of directed and controlled pressure to restore spinal segments to a more normal position and range of motion, aiding in increased flexibility, increased immunological function and increased life energy. Chiropractic is truly an art.
Chiropractic philosophy recognizes that the power that created the body can heal the body – as long as there is no interference. The doctor does not heal you. He or she serves as a co-facilitator with you, for your body to be put in the correct environment to heal itself. The main purpose of the chiropractor is to reduce interference to your inborn, innate healing ability.
Chiropractic is the largest natural healing art in the world. It is based on the premise that the body is a self healing organism and that the nervous system is the master control system of the body. Remember that the nervous system controls every function performed by the body directly or indirectly. Therefore, ANY problem can be improved with a better functioning nervous system.
Chiropractic helps the nervous system function better by removing blockages that may be preventing you from achieving a higher state of health. Who can benefit from this form of treatment? Everybody.
- Children – Children experience a drug-free approach to health.
- Pregnant Women and Infants – For a more comfortable pregnancy and for a healthier baby, free of subluxations.
- Athletes – For peak performance, a safer workout and quicker recovery from injury.
- Students – For higher grades, better concentration, improved self-esteem and improved physical coordination.
- Families – To help the entire family get healthy and stay healthy.
- Office Workers – Sedentary workers often suffer from headaches, neck, shoulder, TMJ and wrist problems. They are in need of a subluxation-free spine.
- Blue Collar Workers – Anyone with back, hip, and leg problems needs a chiropractic checkup.
- Elderly – For more energy, mobility and to help prevent drug dependence.
- Anyone Working in One Position – Office workers, artists, musicians, dentists, truck drivers and surgeons benefit from chiropractic.